Cashier Training Program
The Cashier Training Program is a 40 to 100 hour course emphasizing training as a cashier/checker. This training is designed to include classroom, hands-on instruction, and real-time practicum experience. Students will train in a work related setting/environment that will put into practice the skills and knowledge they acquire.
Areas of Instruction
- Cash Register Operations
- Change Making
- Super Market Operations
- Check Out Procedures
- Food Handlers Card
- Point of Sale System
- Money Management
- Retail Sale Techniques
- Basic Math
- Safety Procedures
- Loss and Prevention
- Management Styles
- Job Interview Skills
- Business Etiquette
- Dressing for Success
- Punctuality/ Attendance
- Workplace Attitude
Upon completion of the Cashier Training Program, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain checks as acceptable or unacceptable.
- Calculate sale taxes and identify taxable/nontaxable items.
- Count out cash drawers.
- Complete math problems accurately involving decimals, fractions, percentages, and measurements.
- Accurately complete problems using a hands-on training transaction using credit card machines and math.
- Correctly identify and handle customer relationship situations.
- Check and tag properly and order merchandise containing at least 25 items.
- Complete an observation sheet on basic sales techniques.
- Demonstrate acceptable retail sales procedures.
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills, completing tasks effectively, have adequate interview techniques, and maintain punctuality.