Forklift Training Program
The forklift training program is an intensive 20 hour course with 10 hours of classroom instruction with a written exam and 10 hours of drivers training with a driving exam. Upon completion, students are awarded a certificate and a forklift driving certification card.
Area of Instruction
- Understanding Regulations
- Types of Lift Trucks
- Basic Lifting Principles
- Forks and Lifting Attachments
- Understanding Lift Truck Safety
- Safe Lift Truck Operation
- Workplace Specific Safety Concerns
- Pre-Shift Inspection
- Start-Up Items
- Hydraulic Tank and Control
Upon completion of the Forklift Training Program, you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of general, specific, and company regulations.
- Classify the variety of different industrial powered trucks and the main styles of counterbalanced lift trucks.
- Identify the main parts of a lift truck such as, the axels, backrest, tilt cylinders, the types of tires, and the specific type of lift truck you are using.
- Know basic lifting principles, the fulcrum point, loading centers, load rate, and capacity rate.
- Pick up a load, a ribbed drum, round objects. As well as place loads in specific place or stack them.
- Operate the forklift on a ramp or slope.
- Check oil levels for leaks, adjustments of the engine belt, the air cleaners, the radiator, the hydraulic tank, and fuel tank.
- Perform a walk around inspection.
- Apply proper steering, braking, and safety procedures.