Fruit Sorting Training
The fruit sorting training program is an intensive three to four month training program. This training is designed to include classroom, hands-on instruction, and a warehouse setting experience. Students will be instructed in a work related setting/environment that will prepare them for a real world work situation.
Area of Instruction
- Job Readiness
- Understanding the Main Functions of a Fruit Sorter
- Understanding Safety/Regulations
- Reasoning Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Segregating produce on conveyor belt
- Packaging of product
- Trimming Product
- Inspecting and evaluating quality
- Safety/Appropriate Moving Techniques
- Workplace Specific Safety Concerns
Upon completion of the Fruit Sorting Training Program, you will be able to:
- Segregate produce on conveyor belt or table according to color, grade, size, weight, and composition.
- Identify the healthy fruit from the bad fruit.
- Know general safety regulations, company policies, and regulations.
- Work as a crew member.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step fruit sorting instructions.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide by 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Package product in boxes, baskets, or crates for storage or shipment.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of fruit.
- Lift and bend appropriate to avoid workplace injuries.