What is the GED?
The purpose of the GED Test is to provide students the opportunity to earn a certificate equivalent to a high school diploma.
What is the Importance of a GED?
- The GED shows that a person has obtained an education similar to that of a high school experience.
- Most employers require a high school diploma and the GED is accepted 97% of employers.
- A GED can help you get accepted to a college or university.
- You can earn nearly $10,000 more a year then someone without a GED or high school diploma.
- Obtaining a GED can give you a sense of accomplishment.
How Many Exams Must I pass in Order to Obtain My GED?
The GED consists of four exams:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
You will need to score at least 150 on each exam and a total score of 600 in order to receive your GED.
GMC TI's GED Curriculum:
- Civics and Government
- Untied States History
- Geography and the World
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Earth and Space Science
- Developmental Mathematics
- Measurements and Conversions
- Statistics and Probability
- Calculator Training
Reasoning Through Language Arts:
- Non-Fiction Writings
- Sentence Structure
- Writing Paragraphs
- Writing Essays
- Proof Reading